The pre-voting for the Spring-winners of 2024 is now open

The pre-voting for the winners of the Spring Idea Competition has begun. During the pre-voting, young people have the opportunity to vote for their favorite idea out of six finalist teams. The winners are announced in the live final broadcast on 7.5. at 13:00 on Yle Areena, during which an audience vote is organized as well. Spring invites especially high schools and upper secondary institutions to watch the final broadcast.

Kuvassa kaksi nuorta naista ja vanhanaikainen lankapuhelin

The Spring Idea Competition invites all young people under 20 to vote in advance for the winner of Spring. In the pre-voting, they can cast their vote for one of Spring’s six finalist teams, who aim to make the world more hopeful by activating young people, strengthening mental health, offering opportunities to find hobby partners, supporting the study of mathematics, and increasing forest biodiversity.

You can learn about the finalist teams and their ideas in advance through short videos. The pre-voting ends on 7.5. at 10:00.

Young people can influence the selection of Spring winners during the live final broadcast as well, on 7.5. at 13:00 on Yle Areena

Three winners will be selected from the six finalists, to be chosen and announced in the bilingual (Finnish / Swedish) Spring final broadcast hosted by Lloyd Libiso and Eva-Li Teir. The Spring final can be watched live on 7.5. at 13:00 on Yle Areena. Spring especially invites high schools and upper secondary schools to follow the final broadcast.

In addition to the pre-votes from young people influencing the selection of the winners, a public vote will be held during the final broadcast, where viewers can vote for their favorite ideas. The young people’s pre-votes and public votes will constitute 70 % of the counted votes, and the remaining 30% will be determined by the Spring panel’s votes.

The Spring panel is comprised of Outi Kuittinen, Moaffak Ahmed, Martti Hetemäki, Aino Bergius, Timo Holmström, Marjukka Mäkinen, and Jorma Ollila, who have diverse expertise related to developing and supporting ideas and innovations. The panel has also been following the journey of the finalist teams from the start of the Spring Idea Competition and monitoring the development of their ideas.

The members of the three winning teams of Spring will be rewarded with a summer job and a study trip to Copenhagen. During the summer job and study trip, the teams will have the opportunity to turn their ideas into reality.